JOB TITLE: Accounting Associate
SUPERVISOR: Accounting Supervisor
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week
BENEFITS: Position is full-time in-office, eligible for benefits. IIB offers healthcare benefits, 403(b) package with employer contribution, free parking and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy.
Education: Minimum of Associate’s degree in accounting, management, or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Must be able to perform daily accounting entries effectively and independently. A knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, and non-profit experience a plus.
JOB SUMMARY: The International Institute is seeking an Accounting Assistant who will be responsible for the daily functions in the accounting department, accurate recording of revenue & expense activities, and timely collection of accounts receivable and payments of vendors. Invoicing for multiple department programs and grants. Also special projects as requested.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION: Works under general supervision of the Accounting Supervisor following accepted accounting procedures and established agency and program policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct self professionally and abide by the guidelines listed in the Policy & Procedure section of the IIB Employee Handbook & Federal Award Policy and Accounting Manual.
- Assistance with vendor relationships and maintenance of vendor accounts payable. Match checks and payable back up for accuracy. File.
- Provide invoicing for five departments.
- Review daily weekly and monthly receipts and disbursements for accuracy.
- Interface with Finance Director and Department Directors to provide continuous accurate accounting of the financial reporting system.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions to minimize loss.
- Prepare deposits.
- Provide cost analysis upon request using Excel.
- Process invoices for payment to vendors to include checking invoices for accuracy, Key all invoices into QuickBooks to proper general ledger accounts.
- Answer phone/ assist vendors with questions/problems related to accounts payable.
- Maintain accounts payable files and information.
- Review and follow-up on A/P open invoice reports
- Maintains records according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Aid with grant reporting.
- All other work necessary to assist Accounting Supervisor and Director of Finance
- Reconcile various accounts monthly.
As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that the Institute is a diverse and inclusive workplace where we welcome the unique contributions that our staff bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, and more. This includes fostering an inclusive work culture and proactively addressing bias within our organization through intentional dialogues, trainings, and community connection. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.