JOB TITLE: New American Integration Administrative Assistant
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: Director of New American Integration
WORKING HOURS: Full time 40 hours per week, in-office. Hours will be split between assisting the employment team and the resettlement team (40/60).
Eligible for benefits, IIB offers healthcare benefits, 403(b) package with employer contribution, free parking and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy.
Education: High School Diploma required, Associates degree preferred
Experience: Experience with diverse cultures and/or refugee population is preferred, but not mandatory. Experience working in a professional office setting is preferred.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse team of colleagues, clients, and external partners
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a client from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Ability to meet short timelines and deadlines and multi-task
- Knowledge of computers, e-mail, faxes, and Microsoft Office
The New American Integration Administrative Assistant provides coordination and administrative assistance to the team members of New American Integration program.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under general supervision of the Refugee Resettlement Program Manager and Employment Program Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with scheduling meetings, appointments, and service delivery for team
- Maintains and organizes electronic files
- Develops master data base of employment clients
- Assists with compiling departmental statistics, reports and social media posts
- Reviews and updates department documents as needed
- Monitors department phone and directs inquiries to appropriate person
- Handles all mail
- Assists with employment program payment vouchering,
- Utilizes checklist to ensure case files are complete
- Processes utilities for new apartments
- Answers general correspondence from the public or external partners
- Compiles notes during departmental meetings and maintains a file of meeting minutes
- Orders supplies
- Attend departmental and agency meetings as required
- Perform other duties as pertains to position
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org.