INTERNSHIP TITLE: Communications Intern, Buffalo United for Afghan Evacuees Campaign
HOURS PER WEEK: 10-15 (preference for 2-3 hour blocks daily, M-F)
DURATION: Preference for a minimum commitment of 3 months
The Development and Communications Department seeks an intern to assist with managing incoming communication from potential donors, volunteers, community partners, and media representatives regarding the collaborative Buffalo United for Afghan Evacuees campaign. More information about the campaign can be found at www.wnyrac.org. The intern will be supervised by the Director of Development and Communications.
- Ability to work independently and with a small team.
- Exceptional ability to follow through on tasks.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Office, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and Google products (Gmail, Forms, and Google Voice).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage campaign email inbox and Google Voice mailbox. Respond to inquiries and redirect messages to appropriate staff.
- Assist with the creation of standard responses to inquiries to be shared with campaign partners.
- Work in close collaboration with campaign leads for donated goods, volunteers, housing, and financial contributions to ensure accurate messages reach community stakeholders.
Please submit and resume and cover letter (clearly indicating your availability) to Lauren Maguire, Director of Development and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org