JOB TITLE: Assistant Director of Development, concentration Special Events
SUPERVISOR: Director of Development
WORKING HOURS: Full Time -40 hours per week, some evenings and weekends as needed
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: One to three years development experience with emphasis on solicitation of sponsorships and event planning from promotion to execution to completion. Must have experience with online and social media platforms for fundraising strategies that tie into advocacy campaigns. (Prior experience with GoFundMe, Kickstarter, EventBrite, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. is helpful.) Advanced MS Office user; strong interpersonal skills; attention to detail a must.
Additional Requirements: Ability to work independently, NYS Driver’s License
JOB SUMMARY: The International Institute of Buffalo, a 100 year old human rights organization, has served immigrants and refugees since 1918. The role of Development is to build support and connection with the community by highlighting the contributions of newcomer communities recent and old. Development focuses on bringing in donations (including corporate donors, private foundations and individual donors) to augment grants received from state and federal sources. The assistant development director will be engaged in implementing the overall development plan while concentrating on a wide range of events from fundraising events to cultivation of new and recurring donors to institutional gatherings. We are seeking a self-starter who is passionate about our mission of serving refugees and immigrants, and is excited to harness the power of social media and online platforms to share our story with donors. There is a lot of potential right now to highlight the mission and create compelling fundraising messages by targeting key donor segments through events and donor participation opportunities. The successful candidate is a creative and strategic thinker, with a working knowledge of all areas of development. He or she will join with the director of development to highlight our work, celebrate WNY’s diversity and cultivate and acknowledge donors and prospects for the Institute. Specific duties will include oversight of the Institute’s events with an appreciation for how they fit into and enhance the overall development plan.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION: Work directly with Director of Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assistant Development Director will:
- Assist in developing overall annual plan for fund raising
- Assist in identifying, cultivating and soliciting prospects
- Coordinate all aspects of the Institute’s Special Events including Buffalo WithoutBorders and Eat the World.
- Work with the Development Director to develop creative, targeted online fundraising opportunities that seize upon topical moments to educate potential donors about our mission and how they can support refugees and immigrants
- Work with the Development Assistant to develop collateral materials and promote events through traditional and online media channels
- Coordinate the Institute’s on-site Naturalization Ceremony
- Prepare event calendars for the Development staff
- Coordinate special event calendars with colleague and other community organizations
- Work with Volunteer coordinator and Development assistant to secure event volunteers
- Develop and execute a donor recognition event at the Institute
- Develop a series of “Get to Know the Institute Events” for prospective donors
- Assist with other Institute events as needed
- Perform other duties at the direction of the Director of Development
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Assistant Director of Development Application” in the subject line of your email submission.
Please include a phone number and email address in your cover letter
Incomplete submissions will not be considered