JOB TITLE: Bookkeeper
SUPERVISOR: Accounting Supervisor
WORKING HOURS: 30-40 hours per week. Primarily 8-4 or 9-5 with no evenings and no weekends. Some work is currently done remotely but must be able to work full hours in the office.
Salary & Benefits: Starting pay ranges from $16 – $17 hourly. IIB offers healthcare benefits, a 403b package with employer contribution, an hour-paid lunch, free parking, and a generous PTO policy.
Education: Associate degree in accounting, or 4 year BA in administrative office management, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Must be able to effectively and independently perform daily accounting entries. A knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, and non-profit experience is a plus.
JOB SUMMARY: The International Institute is seeking a Bookkeeper who will be responsible for the daily functions in the accounting department, accurate recording of revenue & expense activities, and timely collection of accounts receivable and payments of vendors. Invoicing for multiple department programs and grants. Also, special projects as requested.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION: Works under general supervision of the Accounting Supervisor following accepted accounting procedures and established agency and program policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct self professionally and abide by the guidelines listed in the Policy & Procedure section of the IIB Employee Handbook & Federal Award Policy and Accounting Manual.
- Maintain confidential Administration files including personnel, Board of Directors, and other permanent records.
- Assistance with vendor relationships and maintenance of vendor accounts payable. Match checks and payable back up for accuracy. File.
- Provide invoicing for five departments.
- Review daily weekly and monthly receipts and disbursements for accuracy.
- Interface with Accounting Supervisor and Department Directors to provide continuous accurate accounting of the financial reporting system.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions to minimize loss.
- Keep accurate account of the online bank accounts.
- Prepare deposits.
- Process invoices for payment to vendors to include checking invoices for accuracy, Key all invoices into QuickBooks to proper general ledger accounts
- Maintain accounts payable files and information
- Review and follow-up on A/P open invoice reports
- Maintains records according to generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with Language department to get accurate information on customers and Interpreters/Translators. Will be high volume and repetitive work with invoicing customers and vouchering payments to the Interpreters/Translators. Must be detailed orientated and able to catch mistakes.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Bookkeeper” in header.
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.