JOB TITLE: Case Manager – Trafficked Youth
PROGRAM: Survivor Support Services
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator, Human Trafficking Program
WORKING HOURS: 20 hours per week
Education: BA/BS in the social work or human services area.
Experience: Experience in providing direct human services is required.
Experience serving victims of violence and/or trauma is required.
Experience in the area of cultural competency is preferred.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice and family court systems
- Excellent communication (oral and written) , interpersonal and organizational skills, including effective time management
- Flexible schedule to meet client safety needs
- Ability to work cooperatively with clients, colleagues, management and public
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Must adhere to the Social Worker’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
The primary role of the Case Manager (16 hours/week — 0.4 FTE) involves providing intensive, comprehensive, and culturally competent services to minor survivors of human trafficking within the Western New York community. Direct services include victim advocacy, crisis intervention, safety planning, general intake, service assessments, and coordination of support services both on-site and throughout Erie County. The Case Manager will work with the Coordinator of Human Trafficking Services to strengthen strong community partnerships with youth-specific service organizations in order to ensure a quality, community response to trafficked youth. The Case Manager will also be asked to assist in identifying impediments to safety and self-sufficiency for trafficked youth identified in Erie County. On-call responsibilities occur periodically.
Additionally, this position (4 hrs/wk – 0.1 FTE) will include organization of survivor resources, data collection and input, and general support of non-emergency survivor needs.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Amy Fleischauer, Director of Survivor Support Services – firstname.lastname@example.org – no later than March 26, 2018.