JOB TITLE: Community Outreach Manager
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director of Grants & Outreach
WORKING HOURS: Full-time – 40 hours per week, flexible
BA preferred, relevant work experience may substitute for education requirement
Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising a staff of at least 3 people
Minimum of 2 years managing programs with a variety of funding sources and reporting requirements, experience working with grants preferred (not required)
- Conduct self professionally and abide by the guidelines listed in the Policy & Procedure section of the IIB Employee Handbook.
- Excellent communication skills and professional demeanor to interface with a diverse audience.
- Reliable transportation and ability to work occasionally at night or on weekends.
- Excellent organizational and creative thinking skills
- Experience with grant reporting and programmatic reporting
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations and knowledge of the Western New York Community is preferred.
The mission of the International Institute of Buffalo is to make Western New York a better place for, and because of, immigrants and refugees. IIB is looking for a Community Outreach Manager who will support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by managing programs and staff related to IIB’s commitment to engage with the community. The Community Outreach Manager will also assist with special outreach projects as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for designing and implementing IIB’s new community sponsorship program that pairs volunteers with newly arriving families.
- Cultivate relationships that address distinct areas of community sponsorship: people who will volunteer to work directly with clients and people who will donate goods, services, or related support to families.
- Serve as a liaison for IIB in monthly calls with our national agency’s community sponsorship refugee resettlement program network.
- Represents IIB at community related roundtables and meetings under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Grants & Outreach.
- Assist with preparing detailed and accurate reports to track in-kind sources of funding from donations and volunteer hours to meet match requirements for federal grants.
- Works closely with Directors of Communication, Philanthropy and other IIB programs to successfully identify, implement, and monitor community sponsorship initiatives.
- Interface with Department Directors to gauge program needs for donations and volunteers.
- Supervises IIB staff involved with community engagement, that currently includes a donations coordinator, a volunteer coordinator, and a coordinator of in-home classes for English as a second language.
- Collaborates with grant administration and finance departments to ensure the proper tracking and reporting of in-kind sources of funding from donations and volunteer hours to meet match requirements for federal grants.
- Assists with tracking the spend-down of match requirement and timely reporting to ensure compliance with federal grants.
- Collaborates with New American Integration, Philanthropy and Communications Departments to ensure outreach needs and activities are made known to targeted populations, potential volunteers, partners, and the public.
- Allocates public inquiries about involvement and engagement with IIB to the proper departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that the Institute is a diverse and inclusive workplace where we welcome the unique contributions that our staff bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, and more. This includes fostering an inclusive work culture and proactively addressing bias within our organization through intentional dialogues, trainings, and community connection. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com