INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BUFFALO JOB POSTING
JOB TITLE: Development and Communications Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Director of Development
WORKING HOURS: 30 hours a week
CLASSIFICATION: PART TIME/ $12.75 hourly
Experience: Social media management; event planning, promotion and execution; advanced MS Office user; strong interpersonal skills; attention to detail a must
Additional Requirements: Graphic Design Experience/knowledge of InDesign a plus.
JOB SUMMARY: The International Institute of Buffalo, a 100 year old human rights organization, has served immigrants and refugees since 1918. The role of Development is to build support and connection with the community by highlighting the contributions of newcomer communities recent and old. The development assistant will work with director of development to highlight our work, celebrate WNY’s diversity and cultivate and acknowledge donors and prospects for the Institute.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION: Work directly with Director of Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Development Assistant will:
- Coordinate maintaining and updating website and all social media accounts.
- Assist development director with planning and coordinating all fund raising and cultivation events including: Buffalo Without Borders, Eat the World, and Community World Quest.
- Maintain donor database, email database and oversee acknowledgement program.
- Assist with all fundraising initiatives, including Annual Fund, Global 100 Fund; Spring It On, Gifts-in-Kind, etc.
- Work with all departments to create monthly E-NEWSletter.
- Be responsible for Building Rental tours and inquiries.
- Perform other duties at the discretion of the director.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Development Assistant Application” in the subject line of your email submission.
Please include a phone and email address in your cover letter.
**Incomplete submissions will not be considered**