Job Title: Employment Case Worker
Program: New American Integration/Employment Services
Supervisor: Employment Services Coordinator/ Director of Refugee Services
Working Hours: 40 hours/week (70% client contact/30% administrative)
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting all employable clients within the Employment Program obtain employment while adhering to program guidelines. This will be accomplished by enrolling clients into appropriate employment program (TAG, RSSP, Pro-bono) and providing them with all necessary services while ensuring compliance of documentation and service provision.
Education: AA or combination of education and experience in the refugee or human services area
Experience: Experience with diverse cultures and/or refugee population is preferred, but not mandatory and with providing direct client services is required.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) in the English language , interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Detail oriented
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency and our clients
- Ability to work cooperatively with clients, co-workers, management and the public
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
Level of Supervision:
Works under direct supervision of the Employment Services Supervisor and general supervision from Director of Refugee & Employment Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and counsel clients, addressing barriers to employment, making referrals when needed
- Ensure all enrolled clients have an employment plan
- Ensure all enrolled clients have a resume
- Enroll all BRIA clients into BIN
- Work with employers, Employment Services Supervisor and clients after placement to ensure job retention.
- Assist clients in completing new hire paperwork and completing all pre-employment testing where required
- Ensures all required paperwork is complete and accurate as outlined in specific contracts
- Correspond with employers, local agencies and other service providers as necessary under supervision of Employment Services Supervisor
- Assists client in notifying DSS of employment
- Meet reporting deadlines for all contracted services in communication with subcontractors per spec sheet and contracts
- Maintain accurate case files, as required by all contractors
- Meet with clients on a pre-determined basis
- Attend departmental and agency meetings as required
- Conducts workshops related to employment (Job Club, financial literacy, CFA training, etc)
- Communicates employment issues and trends with Employment Services Coordinator and Director of New American Integration
- Works with Employment Services Coordinator and Director of New American Integration to create quarterly employment reports
- Coordinates office drop-in hours with other employment staff
- Responsibly utilizes interpreting services.
- Perform other duties as required
- May perform services with individuals with communicable diseases or conditions
- Must be able to travel to sites using own personal vehicle, or with agency van (pending approval of agency insurer) and must follow all state and local auto safety requirements such as seat belt and child car seat use.
- Rarely may include weekend and/or evening hours as needed to meet the demands of our clients and employers with prior supervision from Supervisor and Department head
- May perform duties that include lifting, carrying, bending, sitting, standing, or being outside in inclement weather for short periods of time.
Instructions to apply: Please email resume and cover letter to Denise Phillips-Beehag, Director of New American Integration, at DBeehag@iibuff.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.
*This Job description may be subject to minor changes as the position develops.