JOB TITLE: Employment Program Coordinator
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: Director of New American Integration
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting pay for the Employment Program Coordinator is $20/hour. This is a full time hourly position eligible for benefits. IIB offers healthcare benefits, a 401(3)b package with employer contribution, an hour paid lunch, free parking, and a generous PTO policy.
Education: BS/BA or combination of education and experience in the refugee services, employment services, human resources or human services area
Experience: Previous employment program management or experience required. Background serving diverse cultures, clients and/or refugee population is preferred. Minimum of at least 2 years of supervisory experience required. Program monitoring/tracking, particularly with grants highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency, employers and our clients
- High level of professionalism as position requires dealing with managers and directors from outside agencies, representing the agency, conducting presentations and possibly interacting with press
- Ability to work cooperatively in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients, colleagues, community members from a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles
- Detail oriented with the ability to think creatively and analytically
- Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
The Employment Program Coordinator (EPC) is responsible for the overall daily operation/supervision of our employment program and staff and ensures goals of all employment contracts are being met within compliance guidelines. The EPC serves a point of contact for employers and external partners, while also developing new employment partners for IIB’s employment program. The EPC identifies gaps in overall employment programming for the refugee and immigrant community and together with the NAI Director and Coordinator, pursues new partnerships, employment opportunities, grants and programs that will assist in the success and expansion of our programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily responsibilities and work of employment team
- Works with the NAI Compliance Specialist to ensure all case notes and files are in compliance with contracts and requirements
- Ensures reporting deadlines are met for all contracts
- Ensure all payment based contracts are vouchered for on a regular basis, and completed, ensuring compliance and providing updated invoices to finance for tracking purposes
- Attend departmental, partner and agency meetings as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Conduct outreach to new employers through written correspondence, one on one meetings, cold calling, group presentations, attendance at rotary and other type functions
- Create partnerships with employers that will respond to their hiring needs, incorporating the refugee workforce
- Make recommendations for program adjustment or augmentation, including addition of training programs, such as ESL, based on employer and client feedback, and assists in program implementation
- Assist in program and proposal development with IIB Directors and partner agencies to meet client and employer needs
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to the Director of New American Integration, Denise Beehag, at email@example.com
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.