JOB TITLE: Employment Services Manager
PROGRAM: New American Integration Services
SUPERVISOR: Director of New American Integration
Education: BS/BA or combination of education and experience in the refugee, employment, human resources or human services area
Experience: Background serving diverse cultures, clients and/or refugee population is preferred. Experience with providing employment services mandatory. Previous supervisory experience a benefit.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency, employers and our clients
- High level of professionalism as position requires dealing with managers and directors from outside agencies, representing the agency, conducting presentations and possibly interacting with press
- Ability to work cooperatively with clients, co-workers, management and the public
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
- Should possess knowledge of the labor market and/or employers in the target area
The Employment Services Manager is responsible for the overall daily operations of our employment program and staff. The ESM ensures International Institute sponsored clients obtain employment & self-sufficiency adhering to the guidelines of our national agency USCRI, ensures goals of all employment contracts are being met, identifies gaps in overall employment programming for the refugee and immigrant community, and identifies and pursues new partnerships, employment opportunities, grants and programs that will assist in the success and expansion of our programs.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under general supervision of the Director of Refugee and Employment Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee employment staff (who assess and counsel clients, addressing barriers to employment, create employment plans, making referrals when needed)
- Responsible for ensuring case notes and files are in compliance with contracts
- Create and conduct relevant workshops to empower clients.
- Work with Director to meet reporting deadlines for all contracted services (BRIA, United Way, internal progress reports, MG etc)
- Ensure all payment based contracts are vouchered for on a regular basis, and completed, ensuring compliance and provide updated invoices to finance for tracking purposes
- Attend departmental, partner and agency meetings as required
- Included in rotation of “refugee emergency cell phone”
- Works with MG coordinator to ensure MG clients are prioritized
- Perform other duties as required.
- Conduct outreach to new employers through written correspondence, one on one meetings, cold calling, group presentations, attendance at rotary and other type functions
- Develop a customer referral network for potential employers
- Create partnerships with employers that will investigate, address and respond to their hiring needs, incorporating the refugee workforce
- Recommend and investigate new programming based on need
- Establish sustainable relationships with state, county, and other agencies and companies such as: DSS employment division, Department of Labor, local employment recruiters, etc
- Create employer forums to discuss hiring trends and employer requirements with local employers
- Make recommendations for and develop ESL and other training programs based on employer forums and collaborate with training partners to develop such programs
- Correspond with employers, local agencies and other service providers as necessary
- Research employment trends and identify employment paths orientated toward filling existing employment gaps
- Assist in developing and writing grants (as International Institute or in collaboration with other agencies) when possible to meet agency and department needs
- Expand fee based programming
To apply: please email resume & cover letter to Denise Beehag: email@example.com.