Exciting opportunity to support the mission of a dynamic, fast-paced team-based nonprofit. The Government Grants Manager, a new position in the Institute’s Finance Department, is critical to the Institute’s more than $1 million in local state and federal government funding.
The Government Grants Manager works with New American Integration and Survivor Support Services departments to gather financial information and, with the Finance Director, prepares grant reports and drawdown requests for submission to government funders. The Manager plays a critical role in helping program departments increase impact and effectiveness.
Primary responsibilities include coordination of government grants, grant internal controls/compliance, development and management of grant budgets and reports and grants financial management.
This position reports to the Director of Finance, and works with New American Integration and Survivor Support Services departments.
- Internal contact for multiple government grants; provides financial analysis, program management support and guidance.
- Ensures that grant drawdowns happen timely and requests are accurate and appropriately detailed.
- Communicates regularly with program directors and Survivor Support Services Grants Compliance Coordinator.
- Provides high level of productivity around short and long term grant financial management and sustainability.
- Supports government grant funding proposals: assist with budgets and review proposals.
- Creates and manages grant related invoicing within the QuickBooks system. Manages cost allocation across government grants where applicable.
- Organizes supporting documents with Finance Director in the event of an audit.
- Ensures complete documentation of funding awards.
- Assists Finance Director in financial monitoring of grant sub-recipients.
- Works with Finance Director to comply with funder terms and conditions, manage deliverables, monitor and project grant spending, prepare requests for amendments/adjustments, and assist in planned spend-out.
- Supports grant budget creation, budget projections and analysis of expenses as needed.
- Prepares monthly reports for program/finance, funder reports and others.
- Documents and addresses issues requiring attention and/or further discussion.
- Prepares drawdown requests for Finance Director to review.
- Work with Finance Director to ensure timely and accurate reporting to funders and grant drawdowns.
Perform other duties as required.
- BA/BS degree in business with an emphasis on government reporting, nonprofit financial management or accounting preferred; five or more years of experience managing grants and nonprofit finances strongly preferred.
- Sophisticated nonprofit fund and federal grant accounting and management strongly preferred;
- Budgeting experience required;
- Demonstrated skill in providing a high level of service to multiple funders, ideally in a nonprofit context, required;
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software, spreadsheets and data management systems required;
- Experience working as part of a team delivering coordinated services highly desirable;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment;
Hours: 35-40 hours per week.
Compensation: based on prior experience but approximately $21/hour plus benefits.
We strongly encourage online applications. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please send a resume and cover letter by fax, email or regular mail to:
Javeena Edwards, Finance Director
International Institute of Buffalo
864 Delaware Ave
Buffalo, NY 14209
Fax: 716 883 9529