JOB TITLE: Housing Case Manager – Human Trafficking Services
PROGRAM: Human Trafficking Survivor Support Services
SUPERVISOR: Housing Coordinator
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week
Education: MS/MSW or combination of experience in social work or human services
Experience: Experience working with survivors of trauma and/or crime, and diverse cultures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, colleagues, community partners
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Must adhere to the Social Worker’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
- Must have computer skills for data entry, use of email, and developing documents as needed.
The Human Trafficking Housing Case Manager has two main areas of responsibility; (1) Engage survivors of human trafficking who enroll in the IIB Housing Program in case management services related to identifying, entering, and maintaining safe and stable housing; (2) Work collaboratively with the Evergreen Behavioral Health Counselor to provide in-home support services, access to low-barrier substance abuse and mental health services, and a life skills educational group in order to assist participants in working toward individuals goals. (3) Support enrolled survivors in creating and implementing housing sustainability plans to achieve housing self-sufficiency as survivors transition out of the program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assist survivors of human trafficking in the voluntary application process for the housing program, reviewing criteria, mutual roles/responsibilities, and the housing contract;
- Once enrolled, assist survivors in identifying and assessing safe, independent, permanent housing options;
- Provide on-going case management related to short and long-term housing goals including in-home education and support services. These may include public assistance advocacy, transportation, language access, financial assistance, and landlord advocacy.
- Co-facilitate (along with project partner Evergreen Health), a life-skills educational group aimed at maintaining safe and stable long-term housing;
- Ensure referrals to IIB’s intensive case management program and other community partners when needs are identified outside of the services offered through the housing program;
- Work with Housing Coordinator and identified program evaluator to facilitate on-going program assessment and improvement;
- Work collaboratively with project partners and supervisor to ensure adherence to agency and funder documentation and data collection standards, including timely submission of reports;
- Participate in all individual and group supervision meetings;
- Attend relevant trainings and/or conferences related to subject matter expertise;
- Adhere to organization client confidentiality policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties as required.
Please send resume and cover letter to Amy Fleischauer via email only – firstname.lastname@example.org – by April 30th.