Internship Title: Human Trafficking Program Intern
Description: Interns work alongside case managers and assist with projects, research-based tasks, data entry, and directly assist survivors of sex and labor human trafficking.
Hours: 16 hours per week / two 8-hour days
Duration: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024 academic year
Supervisors(s): Human Trafficking Program Coordinator
- Ability to provide a “trauma-informed” approach and sensitivity to working with refugees and other vulnerable populations
- Comfortable working independently and in collaborative environments
- Knowledgeable of diverse cultures and/or willingness to learn cultural customs
- Access to a car/reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Adherence to confidentiality policies
- Flexibility and adaptability to the changing needs of survivors
- Obtain temporary DSS benefit cards and assist clients in accessing cash/SNAP
- Accompany clients to bus orientations and medical appointments
- Help clients set up phone technology including voicemail, bank apps, etc.
- Link survivors to other agencies for referrals
- Deliver donations and safety related items to clients
- Research community resources
- Observe intakes and client meetings when appropriate
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Fill out the Intern Application Form
- Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator and Program Supervisor(s)