JOB TITLE: Case Manager – Human Trafficking Immigrant Survivors
PROGRAM: Survivor Support Services
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week
Education: MS/MA in the social work or human services area required.
Experience: Experience in providing direct human services is required.
Experience serving victims of violence and/or trauma is required.
Experience in the area of cultural competency is preferred.
Additional Experience is Preferred:
- Ability to work effectively in crisis situations
- Enthusiasm for creating social change
- Knowledge of the criminal justice and/or family court systems
- Enjoy being part of and contributing to a team dedicated to human rights-based work
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills, including effective time management
- Flexible schedule to meet client safety needs
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Must adhere to the Social Worker’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
The primary role of the Case Manager involves providing intensive, comprehensive, and culturally competent services to survivors of human trafficking within the Western New York community. This position will specialize in working with the foreign-born population and as such, most survivors will be non-English speaking, non-U.S. Citizens experiencing cultural and linguistic impediments to safety and independence. Direct services include victim advocacy, crisis intervention, safety planning, needs assessments, and coordination of support services both on-site and throughout the community. The Case Manager will work with the program team to strengthen strong community partnerships with other service organizations in order to ensure a quality, community response to these vulnerable populations. On-call responsibilities occur periodically.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Amy Fleischauer, Director of Survivor Support Services – firstname.lastname@example.org – no later than April 30, 2018.