PHILANTHROPY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
DEVELOPMENT INTERN DESCRIPTION
INTERNSHIP TITLE: Development Intern
HOURS PER WEEK: 8-10 hours. Can be one 8 hour day/week or two half days of 4 hours/wee
DURATION: 3-4 months
DESCRIPTION: The Philanthropy and Community Engagement Department is responsible for fund development, communications, and volunteer onboarding at the International Institute. The Development intern will assist in maintaining accurate donation records, correspondence with donors and volunteers, and communications via social media.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement
- Monitor, organize, and respond to email inquiries pertaining to donations and volunteers.
- Communicate with interested volunteers and assist in the volunteer onboarding process.
- Assist with recording donations in our CRM database.
- Assist with donor stewardship activities such as sending acknowledgement letters.
- Assist in the creation and scheduling of communications materials for fundraisers, announcements, and events across departments.
- Must demonstrate quality communication skills such as speaking on the phone and writing.
- Must be organized and capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills for correspondence with contacts and staff.
- Must be proficient using computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Undergo a background check
- Provide proof of complete covid-19 vaccination, including booster shot