FINANCE INTERN DESCRIPTION
INTERNSHIP TITLE: Bookkeeper Intern
HOURS PER WEEK: 10-15 (Flexible) preferably available Fridays for at least 4 hours
DURATION: at least 3 months (or full academic year)
DESCRIPTION: The Finance department is looking for a Finance intern who will be responsible for the daily functions in the accounting department, accurate recording of revenue & expense activities, and timely collection of accounts receivable and payments to vendors. Also special projects as requested.
SUPERVISOR(S): Kristy Jopp
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly receipts and disbursements for accuracy.
- Maintain accounts payable files and information
- Process invoices for payment to vendors to include checking invoices for accuracy.
- Key invoices in QuickBooks to proper general ledger.
- Must be able to work in QuickBooks, excel, and word.
- Must be able to effectively and independently perform daily accounting entries.
- Send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Undergo a background check
- Provide proof of complete covid-19 vaccination, including booster shot