Job Title: Interpreter Coordinator
Compensation: $12.75 per hour
Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Program: Interpretation & Translation Department
Supervisor: Director of Interpretation & Translation
Job summary: Coordinate foreign language interpretation services for customers in various industries, in a fast-paced and collaborative office setting.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Experience: The focus of this role is to coordinate foreign language interpreting, and to support the coordination of document translation services as needed. Experience working collaboratively in a team environment and with diverse cultures is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic proficiency with technology including Microsoft Word, Excel, and mobile applications.
- Able to problem-solve and meet deadlines in a fast-paced business environment.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to prioritize and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Able to work effectively with a team and with management.
- Knowledge of interpreters’ codes of ethics.
- Must adhere to Social Worker’s Code of Professional Ethics.
- Background in interpreting / translation preferred.
- Working knowledge of linguistics or foreign languages preferred.
Level of Supervision: Works under the general supervision of the Director of Interpretation & Translation. Does not supervise any direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage Interpretation Requests
- Manages interpretation requests by telephone, email, and through online scheduling system/ database
- Ensures accurate data entry of requests
- In collaboration with the Interpreter Scheduler, field incoming requests, coordinate with customers and interpreters, and monitor interpretation needs
- Coordinate complex and special interpretation projects including school exams, conferences, and translation/interpretation collaborative projects.
- Provide clear and timely communication with customers
- Onboard and train customers to place interpretation requests directly in the scheduling platform.
Contracts and Agreements
- Onboards new customers, ensuring all new customer paperwork is completed, including contracts and financial forms
- Collaborates with Director of Interpretation & Translation to execute customer contracts
- Communicates with customers regarding requirements for Interpreting Services
- Ensures accurate record-keeping of Business Agreements
Recruitment and Hiring of Interpreters
- Supports recruitment, interviewing, and training of interpreters in collaboration with the Project Coordinator
- Advises Project Coordinator on priority languages and credentials for recruitment efforts
Maintains Current and Accurate Records
- Maintains accurate interpreter information in the scheduling platform
- Maintains current and accurate customer information in scheduling platform
- Establishes and maintains professional and excellent customer service with customers and interpreters.
- Corresponds with customers and interpreters as necessary.
- Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, volunteer/interns and other Institute staff.
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities and potential problems.
- Maintains knowledge of current events and developments in the interpreting and translation professions.
- Assists other co-workers as needed and as workload dictates.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Promotes the best interest of the agency.
- Schedule may include occasional weekend and or evening hours as needed to meet the demands of customers.
- Highly collaborative, necessitating shared office space.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Excellent oral and written English language skills are required.
Additional languages are helpful but not required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume to Emily Brady-Santos at email@example.com
Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.