JOB TITLE: Director of Interpreting & Translation
WORKING HOURS: Full-time 40 hours per week. Primarily 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm
BENEFITS: Position is full-time in-office, eligible for benefits. IIB offers healthcare benefits, 403(b) package with employer contribution, free parking and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in business, foreign language or relevant experience in field of work.
Three (3) years’ experience overseeing training, operations, and managing of staff
Job Summary: The International Institute of Buffalo (IIB) is seeking to hire a business leader for our Interpreting & Translation department, which is a social enterprise that offers high quality, client-centered services for individuals and businesses in the medical, legal, government and educational fields. IIB is committed to helping refugees and immigrants overcome language barriers by providing these services to customers in New York State and beyond. The mission of IIB is to make Western New York a better place for, and because of, refugees and immigrants.
- 3 years of experience overseeing training, handling operations and managing staff
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creativity and problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Adaptability and experience working with various web and app-based software platforms as the field of interpretation continues to evolve with its service delivery
- Preferred proficiency in at least one other foreign language or can demonstrate an understanding of how language can be a barrier
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about NYS’ language access laws, as it relates to educating potential customers about the need to serve the foreign-born LEP (Limited English Proficient) populations that IIB serves
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under direct supervision of the Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and launch a business plan focused on revenue growth, marketing, and e-commerce
- Supervise a team of 5-6 employees
- Oversee all aspects of I&T’s business operations (billing, interpreter scheduling, contract renewals, pricing, etc.)
- Analyze revenue flows and other quantitative data related to the business operation
- Develop standards for customer guarantees that ensure customer satisfaction
- Pursue RFP applications for existing and new business, and stay abreast of current contract periods
- Explore ways to automate and innovate within the on-demand service platforms for service delivery
- Develop and/or update written policies as needed that guide the operation and management of the business, staff, contract interpreters and customers
- Serve on IIB’s senior leadership team and advocate on language access issues with other stakeholders.
- Stay on top of current trends in the industry and language needs within the community
- Develop metrics to track account growth and revenue
- Manage vendors and consultants that interact with our business delivery models
As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that the Institute is a diverse and inclusive workplace where we welcome the unique contributions that our staff bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, and more. This includes fostering an inclusive work culture and proactively addressing bias within our organization through intentional dialogues, trainings, and community connection. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com