JOB TITLE: Community Outreach Coordinator
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: Director of New American Integration
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week. We are currently working a hybrid model. Most work will be done remotely or in the community, with some office hours. Some flexibility in scheduling may be required dependent on community need. Local travel is required.
Education: There are no education requirements for this position.
Experience: Experience with community outreach, relationship building, and working with linguistically diverse communities is preferred. Experience with and knowledge of resettlement programs is a plus.
- Good communication (oral and written) , interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Ability to multitask and coordinate with multiple project partners
- Current valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to own transportation
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
- Some knowledge of computers, e-mail, and Microsoft Office
- Positive attitude and ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds
The Community Relationship Manager is responsible for networking with community-based organizations, service providers, and community leaders in Buffalo’s refugee and immigrant communities.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under general supervision of the Director of New American Integration and New American Integration Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct outreach to refugee and immigrant-led community-based organizations regarding IIB programs, partnership opportunities, and community needs
- Continue to build and maintain relationships with refugee and immigrant-led CBOs, organizations primarily serving refugee and immigrant populations, and other applicable community partners
- Work with the New American Integration department to build and implement collaborative programming with refugee and immigrant-led CBOs
- Assist with training of community leaders and volunteers
- Serve as a resource for CBOs and assist in connecting them to other community partners and resources
- Serves as a liaison between IIB and aforementioned CBOs
- Conduct workshops and community events as related to IIB programming
- Attend some community meetings and events as an IIB representative
- Manage invoicing for projects and reporting on associated data and metrics
- Attend departmental and agency meetings as required
- Perform other duties as pertains to the position
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to New American Integration Coordinator, Bob Doyle at email@example.com.
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.