INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BUFFALO, NY, INC.
JOB TITLE: Donations Coordinator
PROGRAM: Development and Communications
SUPERVISOR: Community Outreach and Special Events Coordinator
STATUS: Part Time, Hourly (20 hours / week)
RATE OF PAY: $15/ hour
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting and communicate in a friendly manner with clients from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Self-directed and motivated, with strong time management skills.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the Institute.
- Ability to work cooperatively with clients, co-workers, management, and the public.
- Ability to identify program needs and take steps to make corrective actions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
Coordinate resources and in-kind donations for the International Institute of Buffalo.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under direct supervision of the Community Engagement Coordinator within the Development and Communications Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain inventory for donations and purchases of household and personal care items.
- Basic organization and cleaning of the donations storage including some second hand donations.
- Ensure required items from USCRI household goods list are in stock for all new refugee arrivals.
- Pack required items for new arrivals and coordinate move-in logistics with case managers and professional movers.
- Update online wish lists to solicit donations which are running low and coordinate social media postings about donations with the Development Team
- Ensure all in-kind donors are acknowledged.
- Handle inquiries about in-kind donations.
- Ensure a constant supply of inventory items is always available.
- Complete monthly in-kind donations reports.
- Gain an understanding of refugee/immigrant issues and assess their needs as they relate to resettlement.
- Participate in community-wide and agency-sponsored activities.
- May serve on special committees or task forces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours may be assigned as needed to meet the demands of our clients/programs.
- May perform duties that include lifting and carrying of up to 20 pounds, bending, sitting, standing, or being outside in inclement weather for short periods of time.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the Development Department at email@example.com
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.