INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BUFFALO
JOB TITLE: Bookkeeper
SUPERVISOR: Accounting Supervisor
WORKING HOURS: 20-40 hours per week. Primarily 8-4 or 9-5 with no evenings and no weekends. Some work is currently done remote but must be able to work full hours in the office.
Salary & Benefits: Starting pay ranges $16 – $17 hourly. IIB offers healthcare benefits, a 403b package with employer contribution, an hour paid lunch, free parking, and a generous PTO policy.
Education: Associate degree in accounting, or 4 year BA in administrative office management, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Must be able to perform daily accounting entries effectively and independently. A knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, and non-profit experience a plus.
JOB SUMMARY: The International Institute is seeking a bookkeeper who will be responsible for the daily functions in the accounting department, accurate recording of revenue & expense activities, and timely collection of accounts receivable and payments of vendors. Invoicing for multiple department programs and grants. Also, special projects as requested.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION: Works under general supervision of the Accounting Supervisor following accepted accounting procedures and established agency and program policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct self professionally and abide by the guidelines listed in the Policy & Procedure section of the IIB Employee Handbook & Federal Award Policy and Accounting Manual.
- Maintain confidential Administration files including personnel, Board of Directors, and other permanent records.
- Assistance with vendor relationships and maintenance of vendor accounts payable. Match checks and payable back up for accuracy. File.
- Provide invoicing for five departments.
- Review daily weekly and monthly receipts and disbursements for accuracy.
- Interface with Accounting Supervisor and Department Directors to provide continuous accurate accounting of the financial reporting system.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions to minimize loss.
- Keep accurate account of the online bank accounts.
- Prepare deposits.
- Process invoices for payment to vendors to include checking invoices for accuracy, Key all invoices into QuickBooks to proper general ledger accounts
- Maintain accounts payable files and information
- Review and follow-up on A/P open invoice reports
- Maintains records according to generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with Language department to get accurate information on customers and Interpreters/Translators. Will be high volume and repetitive work with invoicing customers and vouchering payments to the Interpreters/Translators. Must be detailed orientated and able to catch mistakes.
- May perform services with individuals with communicable diseases or conditions
- Must be able to travel to sites using own personal vehicle.
- May perform duties that include lifting up to 30lbs, carrying, bending, sitting, standing, or being outside in inclement weather for short periods of time.
- We require employees be fully vaccinated.
- Benefits include generous PTO, 11 paid holidays, 403(b), healthcare benefits and more.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage expressions of interest as early as possible. For immediate consideration, please e-mail your cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements by June 30, 2022 to:
International Institute of Buffalo
864 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14209
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.