PROGRAM: Survivor Support Services
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator, Human Trafficking Program
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week
Education: MS/MSW in the social work or human services area preferred
Experience: Experience in providing direct human services is required.
Experience serving survivors of violence and/or trauma is required.
Experience in the area of cultural competency is preferred.
· Excellent communication (oral and written) , interpersonal and organizational skills, including effective time management
· Experience working with vulnerable populations and advocating within systems to ensure access to safety and stability
· Flexible schedule to meet client safety needs
· Ability to work cooperatively with clients, colleagues, management and public
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
· Must adhere to the Social Worker’s Code of Professional Ethics
· Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
· Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
The primary role of the Case Manager involves providing intensive, comprehensive, and culturally responsive services to minor survivors of human trafficking and those that are at-risk of being trafficked within the Western York community. Direct services include victim advocacy, crisis intervention, safety planning, general intake, service assessments, and coordination of support services both on-site and throughout Erie County. The Case Manager will work with the Coordinator of Human Trafficking Services to strengthen strong community partnerships with youth-specific service organizations in order to ensure a quality, community response to trafficked youth. This relationship building may include information/education during youth support groups and/or for the general community, as needed. The Case Manager will also be asked to assist in identifying impediments to safety and independence for trafficked youth identified in Erie County. On-call responsibilities occur periodically.