INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BUFFALO, NY, INC.
JOB TITLE: Case Manager – Human Trafficking Services
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Trafficking Services
DEPARTMENT : Survivor Support Services
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY: IIB seeks applicants with a passion for social justice, human rights-based work, and collaborating with a dynamic team in our efforts to support adult and youth survivors of labor and sex trafficking in Erie County. The Human Trafficking Case Manager has two main areas of responsibility; 1) Provide intensive case management support to survivors of labor and sex trafficking; (2) Strengthen and expand relationships with local service partners, court and criminal justice systems, and immigrant-specific communities through advocacy and collaborative service efforts on behalf of this population.
Education: BA/BS or combination of education and experience in the social work or human services area. Masters level preferred.
Experience: Experience with diverse cultures and serving victims of violence and/or trauma is required. Experience working with other vulnerable populations ie: homeless/runaway youth, those who experience substance use or mental health challenges, and/or criminal histories preferred.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) , interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Passion for social justice and systems change
- Ability to work cooperatively with clients, colleagues and community partners
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Must adhere to the Social Worker’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure and remain flexible as crisis management and response may be required daily
- Must have basic computer skills for data entry, use of email, and developing typed documents as needed.
- Receipt of social work license within one year of start date, if applicable
- May perform services with individuals with communicable diseases or conditions
- Must be able to travel to sites using own personal vehicle.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours may be assigned as needed to meet the demands of our clients/program.
- May perform duties that include lifting up to 30lbs, carrying, bending, sitting, standing, or being outside in inclement weather for short periods of time.
- We require employees be fully vaccinated.
- Our benefits include generous PTO & 11 paid Holidays.
Send resumes and cover letter to Amy Fleischauer, Director of Survivor Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CM – Human Trafficking Services” in the header.
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.