JOB TITLE: Development Associate
PROGRAM: Development and Communications
SUPERVISOR: Director of Development and Communications
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time, Hourly ($15/hr)
Support fundraising and communication initiatives, provide administrative support to the Development and Communications department, and coordinate volunteer/intern opportunities at the International Institute of Buffalo.
- Experienced in managing SalesForce or other databases.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills as needed for meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters.
- Works well in a collaborative, team setting.
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field (communications, social work, public affairs) or 2-3 years of non-profit fundraising experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fund Development Support
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and dashboards.
- Reconcile donations with the Finance Department monthly.
- Support production and mailing of appeal letters and stewardship mailings.
- Support administrative details associated with the Development and Communications Department and other meetings (prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc).
- Maintain guest lists, prepare registration materials, and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Update Institute website and assist with social media initiatives and engagement.
- Manage Institute’s “contact us” inbox and field inquiries on social media.
Volunteer and Intern Coordination
- Work with Department Directors and case managers to identify and fill volunteer/intern needs
- Track and document volunteer hours.
- Conduct new volunteer orientation and complete all necessary paperwork including background checks.
- Develop and maintain volunteer-related forms.
- Ensure volunteers are recognized for their contributions.
- Participate in community-wide and agency-sponsored activities
- May serve on special committees or task forces
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours may be assigned as needed to meet the demands of our clients/program
- May perform duties that include lifting, carrying, bending, sitting, standing, or being outside in inclement weather for short periods of time.
- Personal transportation is preferred but not required.
- This is a hybrid position (partial remote/partial on-site) and is subject to change based on COVID protocols.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Lauren Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Institute of Buffalo –is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates from all races, gender expressions, religious and ethnic backgrounds.