INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BUFFALO, NY, INC.
JOB TITLE: Employment Administrative Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Employment Program Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: New American Integration
WORKING HOURS: This role will be PT (20 hours week) or FT (40 hours week). In cover letter please indicate if FT or PT is desired. Time will be in the office.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting pay for the Administrative Assistant is $16/hour.
JOB SUMMARY: The Employment Administrative Assistant will assist the Employment Program Supervisor and Grants Compliance Specialist with a variety of office tasks, including scheduling appointments, organizing and filing electronic and paper documents, generating reports and tracking spreadsheets for program enrollment and expenses, assist in maintaining online databases, and other relevant duties as needed.
Education: There are no education requirements for the position.
Experience: Experience with diverse cultures and/or refugee population is preferred, but not mandatory. Experience working in a professional office setting is preferred.
- Good communication (oral and written) , interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse team of colleagues and external partners
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Ability to meet short timelines and deadlines
- Knowledge of computers, e-mail, faxes, and Microsoft Office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a calendar for the Employment Program
- Assists with scheduling meetings, appointments, and service delivery for Employment team
- Maintains and organizes electronic and paper files to comply with grants compliance requirements
- Reviews and updates department documents as needed
- Assists staff with completion of vouchers and tracking of department finances
- Generates enrollment and program statistics, maintains internal service provision tracking spreadsheets, sends all statistics and trackers to management weekly
- Updates online databases to reflect current program participation, client employment and pay rates, and other pertinent employment information as needed
- Attend departmental and agency meetings as required
Perform other duties as pertains to position
- May perform services with individuals with communicable diseases or conditions
- Must be able to travel to sites using own personal vehicle.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours may be assigned as needed to meet the demands of our clients/program.
- May perform duties that include lifting up to 30lbs, carrying, bending, sitting, standing, or being outside in inclement weather for short periods of time.
- We require employees be fully vaccinated.
- Our benefits include generous PTO & 11 paid Holidays.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Employment Program Supervisor, Madeson Fenton at email@example.com with “Employment Administrative Assistant” in the header.
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.