JOB TITLE: Professional Pathways Coordinator
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: New American Integration Programs Manager
WORKING HOURS: Full time 40 hours per week. Primarily 8-4 or 9-5. Roughly 30% of work is done remotely. The New American Integration Department is currently working a hybrid staggered office schedule.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting pay for the Case Manager position is $18.50/hour. This is a full time hourly position eligible for benefits. IIB offers healthcare benefits, a 401(3)b package with employer contribution, an hour paid lunch, free parking, and a generous PTO policy.
Education: BS/BA or combination of education and experience in the education or employment field
Experience: Experience with program implementation and tracking/monitoring required. Experience with diverse cultures, clients and/or refugee population is preferred. Experience working in career counseling, employment counseling or higher education is required.
· Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
· Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency, employers and our clients
· Ability to work cooperatively with clients, co-workers, management, and the public
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
· Ability to think creatively, analytically and autonomously
· Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
· Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
The Professional Pathways Coordinator works with clients enrolled in the Refugee Pathways grant, providing guidance and counseling to clients who enter the US with credentials, degrees, licenses or other professional experience, education or background. The Coordinator works to assess these individuals, determine barriers that exist to pursuing their previous career pathway, and makes referrals to partners based on client goals, and abilities and past skills so they can overcome these barriers and continue on their chosen career path or begin a new one. The Professional Pathways Coordinator will work closely with the Employment Coordinator and Programs Manager to identify potential employers and opportunities for New American clients.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under general supervision of the New American Integration Programs Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conducts outreach to the WNY community, including partner organizations, schools, employers, community-based organizations, and other resettlement agencies to reach potential program clients
· Works closely with community organizations and other partners to ensure flow of referrals
· Conducts intake and assessment of all referrals
· Refers appropriate clients to in house programming or partners for clients seeking re-credentialing
· Maintains on-going dialogue with re-credentialing partners (WES and UPGLO)
· Maintains on-going dialogue with local DOL and employers and employment partners to be kept current with employment trends
· Refers clients with non-employment related barriers to IIB Integration Case Manager for follow up
· Maintains complete case notes in compliance with grants
· Completes reporting in compliance with grant
· Attends local employment coalition meetings as active member
· Provides regular outcome reports to supervisor
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to New American Integration Services Coordinator, Bob Doyle at email@example.com .
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.