JOB TITLE: Volunteer Coordinator
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement
WORKING HOURS: FT – 40 hours. M-F with some occasional weekend and evenings to meet recruitment needs. $17-20/hour
- Verifiable legal status to work within the United States and social security card
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft, proficiency in Word, Excel and Internet use)
- Ability to work cooperatively in a multicultural setting
- Self-directed and motivated with strong time management skills
- Current driver’s license and access to own transportation
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency
- Ability to identify program needs
- Successful completion of required criminal background check
Recruit, onboard and track volunteers and interns, develop and coordinate Volunteer Programs
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Serves under general supervision of Community Engagement Associate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit volunteers and interns through a variety of methods including volunteer fairs, community events, social media posts to staff the volunteer needs of IIB
- Respond to all volunteer inquiries in a timely manner and links with appropriate volunteer program (Hello, community engagement, )
- Work with staff to determine and fill volunteer needs in a timely manner
- Create programming to provide ongoing trainings to all volunteers
- Screen potential volunteers, conduct background checks and maintain records
- Ensures interns are receiving adequate supervision and support, and tracks school evaluations
- Ensure that volunteer hours are recorded and tracked through clockify and reported
- Conduct exit interview with volunteers, design and implement correction plans for issues, and maintain volunteer records
- Send thank you letters to volunteers at conclusion of volunteer term
- Coordinate w/community engagement coordinator to Create and maintain volunteer social media
- Organize, plan and implement volunteer recognition events
- Monitor the volunteer staff of the Refugee Resettlement Department
- Assist in the creation, development and/or organization of volunteer trainings on a regular basis
- May serve on volunteer related special committees or task forces
- Work with ethnic communities on encouraging volunteerism
The International Institute offers generous PTO, 11 paid Holidays, medical benefits and more.
The International Institute requires staff to be fully vaccinated.
The International Institute checks references and does a background check.
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Volunteer Coordinator in the header.
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.