INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BUFFALO, NY, INC.
JOB TITLE: New American Integration Administrative Assistant
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: Director of New American Integration
WORKING HOURS: Full time 40 hours per week. IIB is currently working a hybrid model. Hours will be split between remote work and office hours.
SALARY: Starting pay for the Administrative Assistant is $16.50/hour.
Education: There are no education requirements for the position.
Experience: Experience with diverse cultures and/or refugee population is preferred, but not mandatory. Experience working in a professional office setting is preferred.
· Good communication (oral and written) , interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
· Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse team of colleagues, clients, and external partners
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
· Ability to meet short timelines and deadlines
· Knowledge of computers, e-mail, faxes, and Microsoft Office
The New American Integration Administrative Assistant will assist the Director of New American Integration and NAI Programs Manager with a variety of office tasks, including scheduling appointments, faxing and receiving paperwork from external partners, organizing and filing electronic and paper documents, keeping minutes for department meetings, and other relevant duties.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under the general supervision of the New American Integration Programs Manager and the Director for New American Integration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains a calendar for the New American integration Department
· Assists with scheduling meetings, appointments, and service delivery for New American Integration team
· Maintains and organizes electronic files
· Reviews and updates department documents as needed
· Answers general correspondence from the public or external partners and directs individuals to relevant IIB staff
· Assists staff with completion of purchase orders and tracking of department finances
· Compiles notes during departmental meetings and maintains a file of meeting minutes
· Maintains relationships with external partners, including invoicing for programs and scheduling for trainings, meetings, and other activities
· Attend departmental and agency meetings as required
· Perform other duties as pertains to position
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to New American Integration Coordinator, Bob Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.