JOB TITLE: New American Integration Administrative Assistant
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: New American Integration Coordinator
WORKING HOURS: Part time 20 hours per week. IIB is currently working a hybrid model. Hours will be split between remote work and office hours.
SALARY: Starting pay for the Administrative Assistant is $16/hour.
Education: There are no education requirements for the position.
Experience: Experience with diverse cultures and/or refugee population is preferred, but not mandatory. Experience working in a professional office setting is preferred.
- Good communication (oral and written) , interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse team of colleagues, clients, and external partners
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Ability to meet short timelines and deadlines
- Knowledge of computers, e-mail, faxes, and Microsoft Office
The New American Integration Administrative Assistant will assist the R&P Case Managers with a variety of office tasks, including scheduling appointments, faxing and receiving paperwork from external partners, compiling case files, and assisting Case Managers with required paperwork and applications for clients.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under general supervision of the New American Integration Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a calendar for the New American integration Department
- Works with Case Managers to schedule appointments and meetings for new arrivals
- Assists Case Managers in completing required paperwork and applications for new arrivals
- Organizes and assists Case Managers in maintaining case files
- Answers general correspondence from the public or external partners and directs individuals to relevant IIB staff
- Assists the Housing Coordinator and Donations Coordinator with documentation of housing, household goods, and other needs
- Compiles notes during departmental meetings and maintains a file of meeting minutes
- Maintain accurate case files and documentation
- Attend departmental and agency meetings as required
- Perform other duties as pertains to position
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to New American Integration Coordinator, Bob Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.