JOB TITLE: ONA Skilled Immigrant Job Coach
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: Works under the Director of New American Integration.
WORKING HOURS: Full time 40 hours per week. 30% of work is currently done remotely. M-W-F in office. Tues &-Thurs remote. Some flexibility is required to meet the needs of the organization and clients.
This is a full time hourly position eligible for benefits. IIB offers healthcare, a 401(3)b package with employer contribution, free parking, and a generous PTO policy.
Education: BA in Education, Human Resources, social work, business or related field.
Experience: Familiar with refugee and immigrant population, able to work with minimum amount of supervision, excellent research skills, initiative to problem solve on own. Previous experience with employment services, including employer outreach, for this population highly desired. Candidates should have a history of positive collaboration with other nonprofit agencies and workforce development agencies in the WNY region. Candidates must poses an understanding of economic trends, job market, and resources available in the WNY region. Demonstrated experience with and understanding of low-income immigrant and refugee communities in WNY required. The candidate will work with clients from the five counties of the ONA WNY region: Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Allegany.
· Good communication (oral and written) , interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
· Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency and our clients
· Ability to work cooperatively with clients, co-workers, management and external partners
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
· Current valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to own transportation
· Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
· Some knowledge of computers, e-mail, and Microsoft Office is preferred
The ONA Job Coach works with IIB staff and the NYS ONA network to assist skilled immigrants and refugees with recertification, credentialing, or reentry into previous skilled career fields.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under general supervision of the Director of New American Integration and New American Integration Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Meet with qualified candidates to determine current qualifications, desired outcomes, and map out a process for outcome achievement, determining what credentials will be needed for the desired career path, and refer candidates to the ONA lead agency
· Manage client expectations by discussing viable options and possibilities with client (education, English ability, experience, etc)
· Ensure that client has the necessary job readiness skills and is linked with appropriate services while pursuing re-credentialing/licensing/certification (familiarization with standardized testing, TOEFL placement, learning language of chosen profession, etc)
· Understand, investigate and explain state/federal/local regulations regarding licensing and certification to client and if experience can qualify in any way for credentialing purposes
· Assistance with Translation and evaluation of credentials (transcripts, license, certificates) through connections with proper agencies and organizations, to determine the US equivalent and inform client of any fees associated with above
· Assist client in obtaining any available funding to pay for above
· Maintain case notes, case files, and Career Development Plans for each client
· Communicate regularly with partners including educational and re-credentialing institutions
· Communicate on a regular basis with ONA lead agency
· Develop employment opportunities for current and future client placement needs and assist clients with employment prep, placement and retention
· Conduct outreach to regional chambers of commerce, workforce development boards, local and county governments, educational institutions, and immigrant and refugee organizations, agencies, and communities
· Other relevant duties as assigned
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to the Director of New American Integration, Denise Beehag, at email@example.com
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.