JOB TITLE: Career Pathways Case Manager
PROGRAM: Employment Services
SUPERVISOR: Daily supervision Pathways Coordinator, General Supervision NAI Program Coordinator
WORKING HOURS: Full- time 40 hours per week. Primarily 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm with flexibility based on client and agency needs.
BENEFITS: Position is full-time in-office, eligible for benefits. IIB offers healthcare benefits, 403(b) package with employer contribution, free parking and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree or combination of education and experience in the refugee, employment or human services area
Experience: Experience with diverse cultures and/or refugee population is preferred, but not mandatory. Experience with providing direct client services is required. Experience with employment programming preferred.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) in the English language, interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Detail oriented
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency and our clients
- Ability to work cooperatively with clients, co-workers, management and the public
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Current valid driver’s license, access to own transportation, and able to transport clients
- Proficient in working with excel and data bases
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
- Previous experience navigating U.S. post-secondary education system and financial aid packages preferred
Responsible for providing services and job coaching to clients enrolled in the RCP Professional Pathways Program who do not yet meet the criteria for re-credentialing or re-licensing and/or are interested in embarking on a particular pathway. The EPCM coordinates with other educational and certification providers and employers that can offer employment to enrolled clients in an area of interest that falls in the pathways model.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under direct supervision of the Refugee Pathways Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess and counsel clients, addressing barriers to employment, making referrals when needed to partners
- Ensure all enrolled clients have a career pathways plan
- Ensure all enrolled clients have an up-to-date resume
- Works with client to identify career paths and fields of interest
- Works with job developer to connect employer partnerships openings to client goals
- Ensures clients attend professional pathways workshop
- Assists client in finding employment
- Work with employer and client after placement to ensure job retention.
- Assist clients in completing new hire paperwork and completing all pre-employment testing where required
- Meet reporting deadlines for all contracted services in communication with subcontractors per spec sheet and contracts
- Prioritizes Matching Grant clients to find employment in a timely fashion
- Meet with clients on a pre-determined caseload basis to ensure ongoing communication and outcomes
- Transports clients to employment interviews
- Able to assist clients when necessary in completion of federal and state financial assistance and other grant opportunities
- Attend departmental and agency meetings as required
- Conducts/arranges workshops related to employment (job club, financial literacy, CFA training, etc)
- Works with Supervisor to create quarterly employment reports
- Responsibly utilizes interpreting services.
- Perform other duties as required
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com