JOB TITLE: Receptionist
SUPERVISOR: Operations Assistant
WORKING HOURS: Part-time, afternoons (3-15 hours/week)
RATE OF PAY: $13.75/hour
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Experience: Minimum one year in similar position.
- Must have ability to work with phones, e-mail and door system.
- Must have multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to represent the International Institute in a professional way.
- Must be organized.
- The receptionist has the primary responsibility of answering phone calls, screening and greeting incoming clients and visitors and directing them to the appropriate staff person or providing information if applicable (i.e. bus routes or other printable information). The receptionist must act professionally and abide by the guidelines listed in the Policy and Procedures section of the IIB employee handbook.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION: Works under the general guidance of the Operations Assistant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Imperative to be on time at start of shift.
- Able to both open and close building securely (we will train you).
- Responsible for incoming calls and switchboard operation.
- Maintain constant coverage at the front desk to secure lobby and provide client assistance.
- Maintain a list of personnel in and out with the visitor registration list.
- Provide clients with information and forms only as assigned by the Operations Assistant.
- Maintain a neat reception area, including literature and bulletin boards.
- Maintain a computer calendar of IIB functions and space requirements.
- Update and maintain information manuals and files at the reception desk.
- Clerical support to Executive Director and the other IIB Directors.
- Hand out parking permits to staff and keep database of permits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please send resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Alexis David, Operations Assistant.