JOB TITLE: Resettlement Program Manager
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: Director of New American Integration
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week. Primarily 8am – 4pm or 9am -5pm, with flexibility required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Hourly – Non-exempt
PAY RANGE: $25.00 – $28.00 per hour, based on experience
The Resettlement Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that guidelines set by our national office (US Committee for Refugees & Immigrants) are being met for the Resettlement program. The Resettlement Program Manager will directly supervise the team of Resettlement Case Managers at IIB, as well as interns and volunteers within that program. They will represent our agency and clients at community stakeholder meetings and advocate for positive changes in service provision where required (social services, social security, health providers).
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the refugee or human services area required, Master’s preferred (MSW, MPH, or relevant field).
Experience: Experience with diverse cultures and/or refugee population is preferred, but not mandatory. Experience with providing direct client services and case management is required. A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience and program management experience.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency and our clients.
- Ability to communicate professionally and work cooperatively with a diverse, multi-cultural group of clients, colleagues, and community stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds.
- Current valid driver’s license and access to own transportation.
- Ability to meet short timelines, and adhere to deadlines, under pressure.
- Ability to lead staff and volunteers, including mentoring and staff development.
- Must be willing to take initiatives, active problem solving with diplomacy.
- Ability to recognize and identify concerns and create and implement changes with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to use good judgement and make sound decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all R&P reports for the department are completed on time (core services check list and 90 day report), work with NAI Compliance Specialist to ensure all case files and case notes are complete and compliant
- Work collaboratively with the Director of New American Integration and New American Integration Programs Manager to develop of modify programs as needed
- Work with Donations Coordinator and Housing Coordinator to ensure all new arrivals are housed in safe, affordable, and furnished homes and apartments (conducts home visit on 10% of homes)
- Assign caseloads to case managers
- Hold weekly case conference and one on one meetings with staff
- May provide required services to newly arrived individuals and families to support case managers
- Ensure compliance with federal contracts and programing
- Bring any concerns to the immediate attention of the NAI Programs Manager
- Address concerns of clients that are brought to attention through grievance process
- Work with the NAI team and refugee-led community based organizations to enhance or augment IIB services and programs
- Serve as an advocate for IIB clients and R&P Case Managers
- Attend departmental and agency meetings as required
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be able to travel to sites using own personal vehicle.
- Office environment.
- May perform duties that include lifting, carrying, bending, sitting, standing, or being outside in inclement weather for short periods.
Please send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
The International Institute of Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, or any other protected classifications in employment or any other aspect of our programs and activities. Should you require an accommodation, according to the guidelines of the ADA, please seek the counsel of Human Resources for assistance.