JOB TITLE: Resettlement Case Manager
PROGRAM: New American Integration
SUPERVISOR: New American Integration Coordinator
WORKING HOURS: Full time 40 hours per week. Primarily 8-4 or 9-5 with some evenings, late nights, or weekends for arrivals. 30% of work is currently done remotely. M-W-F in office. Tues &-Thurs remote.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting pay for the Case Manager position is $17.50/hour. This is a full time hourly position eligible for benefits. IIB offers healthcare benefits, a 401(3)b package with employer contribution, an hour paid lunch, free parking, and a generous PTO policy.
Education: Combination of education and experience in the refugee, social work or human services area preferred.
Experience: Experience with diverse cultures and/or refugee population is preferred, but not mandatory. Experience with providing direct client services is required. Individuals with language abilities in Kiswahili or Kibembe are encouraged to apply.
- Good communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills, including time management
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency and our clients (nighttime airport pickups are required, occasional weekend home visits may be required)
- Ability to work cooperatively with clients, co-workers, management and the public
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and communicate with a clients from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds and lifestyles
- Current valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to own transportation
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
- Some knowledge of computers, e-mail, and Microsoft Office is preferred
The Case Manager is responsible for guiding new arrivals through the resettlement process, while adhering to strict federal guidelines. The Case Manager will work with the R&P team to welcome and assist newly arrived families and individuals to Buffalo, helping them to settle into a new life, navigate barriers, and access crucial services.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Works under general supervision of the Coordinator of New American Integration
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain and oversee preparation of suitable housing for new arrivals
- Meet new arrivals at airport upon arrival and transport to their new home
- Assist client in obtaining all paperwork and services as required by federal contract (social security , Medicaid, Food Stamps, P.A)
- Provide clients with community orientation (requires group presentation)
- Link clients with health screening, ESL, and schools.
- Assess and counsel clients, making referrals when needed
- Correspond with local agencies, landlords and other service providers as necessary
- Advocate on client’s behalf
- Meet reporting deadlines
- Clearly document all services provided
- Maintain accurate case files
- Link clients with all services as appropriate
- Attend departmental and agency meetings as required
- Perform other duties as pertains to position
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to New American Integration Coordinator, Bob Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.