As you may already know, in-person interpreting jobs through International Institute require a signature from customers upon the completion of appointments. In recent years, the Institute has gradually moved from paper forms to digital signatures (via mobile app). We are writing to inform you that interpreters will now be required to utilize digital signatures for all in-person interpreting jobs.
Effective Wednesday, September 1st, 2021 (09/01/2021) International Institute will require all interpreters to use a mobile app to obtain a digital signature from customers for in-person (onsite) jobs. The Institute will no longer be able to accept physical paper copies of signed interpreter invoices.
This will require that customers sign for appointments on the interpreter’s mobile phone or tablet. You may already be familiar with the digital signature feature of our mobile interpreting application, as many of our interpreters already utilize it on a daily basis.
We are confident that going paperless will streamline billing procedures and improve the overall level of service we are able to provide. If you or your staff have any questions or concerns, we are happy to address them. We have outlined some frequently asked questions below:
How do I know what I am signing?
- The interpreter should show you the appointment details on their phone/tablet screen before they confirm the start and end times and ask for the signature. If they don’t, please ask them to do so in order to be certain you’re signing for the right appointment.
How do I get a copy of the signed form?
- Once the appointment is signed, the signed form will be available for download in your account in our online scheduling platform. The forms may be downloaded in PDF format.
What if the interpreter still brings a paper to sign instead?
- Paper forms may need to be utilized in the rare case of a technical glitch. In this case, the interpreter will later upload the form to the platform. A signed copy will later be available for download from the appointment page.
I need access to your online scheduling platform.
- If you don’t currently have an account in our system, kindly provide us with your name and email address, and an invitation to register will be emailed to you.
I have further questions or concerns.
- Please reach out to our recruiting & training coordinator, Robert Thoren, at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions or to schedule a training.