HELLO (Home English Language Learners Outreach) Program
BIN INTERN DESCRIPTION
INTERNSHIP TITLE: BIN Intern
HOURS PER WEEK: 16 hours/week
DURATION: Fall semester or academic year.
DESCRIPTION: Intern will communicate with clients and gather information needed to complete BIN Enrollment Applications. Intern will be trained on how to navigate New York State Database.
BIN is a NYS database that gathers client information and allows us to vouch for services we provide to clients. BIN is a database that protects a client’s information while allowing us to get paid for services we provide. BIN requires technology skills to navigate the online system.
SUPERVISOR(S): HELLO Program Coordinator, Zahraa Al-Sharifi
- Contacting clients over the phone and enrolling them in the BIN system.
- Communicating with coworkers
- Must demonstrate quality computer skills
- Must demonstrate quality communication skills such as speaking on the phone and writing
- Send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Undergo a background check
- Provide proof of complete covid-19 vaccination, including booster shot