Interns will be responsible for daily functions in the Finance Department, accurate recording of revenue and expense activities, timely collection of accounts receivable, payments to vendors and special projects as requested.
- Ability to work both independently and with team
- Access to reliable transportation
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively and independently perform daily accounting entries
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly receipts and disbursements for accuracy
- Maintain accounts payable files and information
- Process invoices for payment to vendors to include checking invoices for accuracy
- Key invoices in QuickBooks to proper general ledger
- Complete other duties as assigned
The International Institute of Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, or any other protected classifications in employment or any other aspect of our programs and activities. Should you require an accommodation, according to the guidelines of the ADA, please seek the counsel of Human Resources for assistance.