Health Literacy Internship
Internship Title: Health Literacy Intern
Description: Interns work with staff on a variety of health education sessions for the refugee and immigrant population to help them understand and navigate the US healthcare system.
Hours: 8 – 10 hours per week / a minimum of 4-hour blocks
Duration: A minimum of one full semester
Supervisor(s): Director of International Exchanges and Education
- Some knowledge and experience in the field of global health (current student or a graduate of a health program)
- Public speaking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and to be sensitive to the needs of special populations.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Access to reliable transportation
- Assist in the coordination of education sessions
- Enter program data for reporting purposes
- Follow up with program participants to confirm attendance in sessions and/or screening appointments
- Develop training material on different health topics
- Prepare copies of training materials for education sessions
- Maintain direct communication with supervisor
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Fill out the Intern Application Form
- Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator and Program Supervisor