JOB TITLE: Senior Case Manager- Human Trafficking Services
PROGRAM: Survivor Support Services Department; Human Trafficking Services Program
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator, Human Trafficking Specialized Services
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week
BS/BSW or related field and combination of experience in social work or human services area required. MS/MSW or related field preferred.
At least 2-3 years of experience with case management and service provision to diverse cultures and survivors of violence and/or complex trauma is required. Applicants who are bilingual are preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in crisis situations
- Enthusiasm for creating social change & passion for social justice
- Enjoy being part of and contributing to a team dedicated to human rights-based work
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the agency and clients
- Ability to work cooperatively with clients, co-workers, management and the public
- Must adhere to the Social Worker’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Current valid driver’s license, and access to own transportation
- Ability to meet short timelines, under pressure
JOB SUMMARY & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Human Trafficking Senior Case Manager will focus on the following duties/areas of responsibility;
- Maintain caseload of youth clients (approximately 50% of time) and provide related services including crisis intervention, language access, safety planning, on-going needs assessments, referrals for legal, medical, mental health and/or substance use services and advocacy within the criminal justice, family court, employment and/or education systems;
- Complete all documentation related to client services and grant reporting in a timely manner;
- Facilitate and prepare support groups for youth survivors of human trafficking / at risk youth;
- Enhance community partnerships through participating in weekly co-location with identified youth partner organization(s) with a focus on identification of labor trafficking survivors;
- Facilitate bi-weekly case conferences with youth case managers and support fellow youth case managers with client support informally and as needed;
- Assist in interviewing and orienting new youth case managers;
- Work with fellow Senior Case Managers and Senior Advocates to prepare and implement bi-weekly group supervision for all members of the Survivor Support Services Department;
- Participate in professional development opportunities;
- Support survivor leadership opportunities as needed; and
- When necessary, travel to assist local NGOs in responding to multi-victim cases within New York State;
- On-call/off hour responsibilities occur periodically.
- Other duties as required.
As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that the Institute is a diverse and inclusive workplace where we welcome the unique contributions that our staff bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, and more. This includes fostering an inclusive work culture and proactively addressing bias within our organization through intentional dialogues, trainings, and community connection. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com